Friday, March 07, 2008

Excuse me, I'm reacting.

When I was a little girl, I adored eating plasters.

What? Shouts everyone who knows me, But she's allergic.

Precisely. The smell and taste of that resiny stickiness to me - oh man, I can remember it so well.

If it weren't so russian roulette - I'd chew one now. I mean I adore it - that piney medicinal smell. If there is a pine tree - I want to bury my head in it. It doesn't matter logically when I get near. It even doesn't put me off when I start to feel very sick. (So I tell myself - Cover your mouth and nose now, and walk away from the hypnotic tree. See, and you thought you were the weirdo). The addictive quality of an allergen is just one of those, do your genes always want you to survive and be the fittest - it'd make more sense to hate an enemy full stop.

Right, moving on to my next point - yep, allergies and dating. Is there any easy/romantic/ho ho ho look how suggestive I am way to say to someone you fancy - actually your shower gel could potentially make me throw up. Lime, to be precise - and it took me a while to identify what it was, and no matter how much I liked the smell, it did not have a good effect on me.

Yes, on the other side, apparently asking someone to change their toiletries is well, not a hard thing.

But, it leads me onto a wee experiment I would love to test. See, one of the first signs I have when I have started to REALLY react to an allergen is this - I suddenly realise everyone in the room is annoying me so, so, so, so much. I have seen me shout, cry, and garble nonsense in this state, until I go - oh right, going to spew now, guess I should get on with that bit, leave the dramatic mood swing till later.

Now, what if you were able to identify and correlate that and somehow prevent arguements induced by the first stages of allergy.

What, what is that - yes, it's Relate phoning me to thank me for my idea - as it would cut down on their workload.

Man, that was another brilliant idea that just sounds a bit, oh, I don't know what on paper.

Like I was crazy or something.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home