Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ms FS’s really simple guide to doing well in interviews

1. Quite simply, turn up.
2. If when you are applying by phone you are asked whether you know the building where the interview is, it’s best not to confidently answer ‘yes!’, if you then are going to phone at once or twice later to ask angrily ‘tell me where your building is.’
3.If you do get lost, and then phone to ask for directions, it looks better if you then don’t turn up thirty minutes late, when you were only two streets away lost.
4.It may be wise not to reveal just before the interview starts, ‘Oh, I’ve just come back from working abroad because I found out I was working there illegally.’
5.Two not so hot selling points – I’m local, and at least you won’t need to give me maternity leave.
6.Tell me a little about yourself? Ok, if you pass the ten minute mark, that’s not little.
7.Complaining about your previous job for more than half an hour doesn’t sell.
8.Weaknesses that maybe better to hide include – ‘I’m actually quite gullible, but let’s not even go there!’

I have let my deputy manager know I will tell her when we have had a normal interview, in case both of us begin to lose the ability to spot it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home