Saturday, August 16, 2008

Husband-to-be

I am delighted to announce that the above position has now been filled by a loving and gentlemanly candidate. The candidate has weathered a particularly rollercoasterly time, during which he provided lots of hugs, listening, little presents and much, much more.
Of particular note has been the candidates imaginative proposal, where he produced a set of photograghs for me to look at. On photo number three I realised that the letters I could see that had been added to the photo were beginning to spell words, and I laid out photo by photo his proposal.

Life shifts fast sometimes. The candidate has shown himself to be loyal, attentive and creative. And weird, as one of the pixies pointed out - my response being would I actually be with someone who wasn't a bit weird?

Previous applicants need not apply. Congratulations to my new fiance, who is much treasured.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Congrats to you, congrats to both of you. The happiness of two people and the love between them is WAY better than one. Of course, then comes the work to keep it so, but that usually comes down the road, when you notice he clips his toenails over breakfast.

10:24 AM  
Blogger James Miller said...

It's the job I've been dreaming about getting all my life!

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home