Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Post grievance fatigue

Today was the grievance.

Me, pregrievance has been a low, low time. I've been exhausted, and crying lots. That's a vicious circle when you are trying to stall well/better - my confidence has been shattered by having to fight so hard for a job, with the constant medical opinion of - please give up now. I have also collapsed an awful lot recently - making the whole are you well enough to work, a bit shaky to argue.

There was me, my union rep and the head head honcho of HR, who was actually very nice. They'd made sure I had a toilet I could use, and wore no aftershave, and made sure the meeting was well explained and ran to time. Two and a half hours, with a break.

On the issue of why am I having to supply sick notes when I am not signed off as unfit to work, I am signed off as 'I'm giving you a note because I have been told to,' they are going to take legal advice to see if that needs to continue. One doctor so far, said, I can't give you a sick note for being told I have to. The HR man said he was deciding there and then that it would not affect the amount of sick leave I'd used up.

On the issue of allergies he said, I see no problem asking people to not wear perfume or aftershave, but it can't be enforced. I think if people sprayed stuff it would be dealt with more severely. He said he would speak to the management to discuss it. I asked if I could also be given an air filter for my desk; I think that may be considered. We discussed at length ways in which the message of my allergies could be communicated.

On the issue of collapsing at work - we discussed how that was to be managed, re first aider's etc. I have to admit recently this has been a harder issue to manage - it's not always triggered by allergic reactions.We discussed the issue of ME and it's effects at length - and the run up and history.

On the issue of the induction process there was much agreement that my induction was handled poorly, that the health issues could have been dealt with more promptly and that much of this is lack of communication. The fire drill stuff should have been well sorted earlier. Yes, they will take lessons learnt from this and apply them. they thanked me for offering anything I had said to be used in diversity training to help people understand hidden disabilities - tricky to do that without identifiying you, but good point, thanks for raising it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home